Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ambiguity

Products. These are what I am supposed to design. Things that will be used by a target set of consumers. So I will be designing cars, mixers, grinders, phones and all that for a target group, giving them form that pleases my audience, complies to their body measurements, reflecting their personalities. But who am I designing for? A bunch of people who believe that the purpose of life is to just mechanically work and enjoy the remuneration for whom products are something they can live without but think they cant? Or for people who need design but are not able to pay as they cant remunerate designers who are already addicted to the bourgeoise? I'd rather go for the latter since I am nobody and nobody according to the puppeteer is allowed to rebel against him. So 3 years down the lane, will I be still thinking the same? I dont think so. Because by then I will be somebody and somebody or the other is always there to cater to the flamboyancy of the so-called "elite design world". This thought continues to linger in my mind and I wish i was this crazy visual communication person who made films that made sense to me(nobody)and not everybody.

No comments: